Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Top 5 Sources of News and Information

I love watching news channels and having different sources of information daily so I can form my own opinions that stray from biases. Staying current on what's happening locally and in the world also keeps me updated and aware. This is important because I want to be knowledgeable in conversation and in the professional life.

1. Inside Edition 

Inside Edition is my favorite news channel to watch because I used to watch it with my parents when I was younger. It includes investigative reports, interviews with different people, and numerous human interest stories. I like to watch the side scoops that their lead journalist investigates because it is often lighthearted news. They are short, informative, and entertaining. The information also gets my attention because most of the time they are undercover finding something or covering something interesting that happened. The channel also is very stable because Deborah Norville has anchored the channel since 1995.

Inside Edition

2. CNN 10

CNN 10 stands for the Cable News Network that also lasts only ten minutes. The news reports are done by Coy Wire and covers a variety of topics in a short amount of time. This helps it fit into my busy schedule. There are fun facts that lighten up darker topics and quick quizzes which are engaging. Another great thing about it is that a new ten minute segment gets released everyday to update the people watching about what's going on in the world, which is a nice start to the day. CNN is also very liberal, so I can get the other side of stories I watch on more conservative channels.

CNN 10

3. Fox 8 News

Fox 8 News is another news channel that I like to watch. It shows top stories from their daily broadcasts along with stories happening in real time. They also show breaking news, weather for the day, and local traffic, which is nice to be aware of in day to day life. It covers all types of stories locally, country, and sometimes internationally wide. The channel has very unbiased news reporting and is a conservative media site, so when I watch it, it agrees with my beliefs.

Fox 8 News

4. Tiktok

I like to watch Tiktok more than the actual news because the shorter time spans capture my attention better. It is also more convenient because I can be updated on current events anywhere I am from the comfort of my phone, instead of having to find a TV. I can also use the search icon to find more information on news that I hear from other people, so I can get specific details. Tiktok also allows many people to upload their take on a story, so I can hear the story from different sides. This minimizes bias and allows me to form my own opinion based on the videos I've watched. 

Tiktok

5. Instagram

Instagram is a great source of personalized news. I follow many accounts on Instagram because I can find many different accounts that relate to things I like. For example, RapTV is a pop culture news account on Instagram. They mainly write and post about rapper news along with a variety of trending news. They let you know about new music, and other cool things which I'm interested in. I also follow the High Point University Instagram page. It keeps me updated on new events that High Point offers, like any taco trucks coming, fun REC activities, and any school sports games. This is more practical in my life, rather than knowing any political turmoil in Washington.

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship with Technology

Technology has made such a huge impact on everyone's lives since it was invented, and not many people in the world can escape its benefi...